THREE new fonts!

11.29.2011

A couple of months ago I attended a lecture from Jessica Hische (pronounced like fish). She was witty and exceptionally adorable! I enjoyed every minute of it. I have been secretly admiring her work from behind my computer screen for a while now. I wish I was as talented and as successful as her. Hopefully one day I will be.

Her work is beautiful and when I saw her newest font, Buttermilk, I fell in love. Not only is it beautiful but I've spotted it in several places over the past month, one of them being Target's new Christmas ad. Lovely. I love Target and hope to be designing girl's clothing fabrics for them one day, but that's besides the point.



The point it I could take it no longer! I had to purchase the font! I'm working on some Christmas downloads and wanted to have this in my font collection. That is one of the things Jessica talked about, purchasing fonts to pay the designers who have worked so hard designing the font, instead of stealing the font. I also recently read an article from her on pricing. I agree whole heartedly and am taking into consideration what I think my design talents are worth. If you are a designer/illustrator/typographer I highly consider reading this article!

I also purchased Strangelove and Miss Le Gatees. I decided it was high time I purchase some fonts and it's a business expense, so why not!!!

Well, come back soon because my friend and I have some amazing things planned for all of you for the month of december and it includes my favorite word, FREE!!!

2 comments:

nichole said...

thanks for posting the link to the article. i'm just getting back (the baby stucked my energy) and needed a pep talk about free work.

ps. you're awesome like jessica. Really Really.

Muffin said...

thanks nichole! i think every once in a while everyone needs a peptalk!!!